Help Angel Cakes Rebuild
Dearest community -
On Sunday February 24 a speeding car crashed into the Angel Cakes building on Fifth Street in Oakland, causing a gas leak and extensive damage to the building. Fortunately, though staff were working at the time, no one was physically injured. I’ve included some photos and a link to a news report below.
We are thankful that no one was hurt, although we are completely devastated and in shock.
We are working with the building owner, our insurance company, and our community on a plan to reopen our retail shop. Though insurance will cover much of our anticipated expenses, they won’t cover everything and we will need your support to reopen. We know that this will impact us for a long time.
Our retail store will be closed for the next several weeks as we repair the building. We will be resuming our custom order business from an alternate location beginning A. All previously booked orders will be honored and we are also accepting new orders. You can place an order for April 4 or later here: http://www.angelcakes510.com/order
For questions and concerns about existing orders, please contact us at orders@angelcakesSF.com or leave a voicemail on the shop line at 510-301-4757
We can’t do this on our own, and here are some ways you can help:
1. We will need financial help. Please contribute to the Rebuilding Fund here: https://www.gofundme.com/help-angel-cakes-rebuild
We will will host a special thank-you event for donors when the shop reopens.
2. Please buy a cupcake coupon here: https://squareup.com/store/angelcakesSF/item/coupon-gift-card
Coupons will be mailed to you and will be redeemable at our retail shop when we reopen.
3. Sign up for our mailing list so you can get the announcement when our store re-opens: http://eepurl.com/gbGs5
4. Place an advance order for your birthday or event for later this year: http://www.angelcakes510.com/order
5. We have several builders and contractors in our community but we may need more help. If you have skills or are available to volunteer time or labor, please email me at jen at angelcakesSF.com
6. If you have had our cupcakes before, post a review of our shop on Yelp to keep our listing active: https://www.yelp.com/biz/angel-cakes-cupcakes-oakland
7. Like and share this post on Facebook or other social media to help signal boost this message.
Thank you to everyone who has reached out so far, your calls, texts, and emails have meant everything. I know we will get through this together.