The Pandemic 6 months in: Where we are now!
Hi friends! It's certainly been a roller coaster for everyone the last few months! We've been closed, partially open, and now almost back to what it was like in the "before times"! Over the next few weeks we'll be expanding our hours back to almost pre-pandemic stages.
What's taken so long? Well, we, like everyone else, had a steep learning curve as we learned how to wear masks, keep distance, and operate as safely as possible. Plus rebellions, fires, the election, heatwaves.... it's a lot! For all of us! Here at the bakery we have also gone through a lot of staffing changes and staff scheduling changes as folks moved out of state, took extended leave, wrestled with childcare, and figured out their own risk tolerance levels. We are almost back up to regular staffing with new folks having gone through a lot of training over the last few weeks. Yay team! Everyone has been working so hard. Then there were the broken windows, orange sky, car accidents, cars running over our garden... intense seems to be the new normal.
Where are we now?
- As of November, our store is open for walk-ins Wednesday through Sunday.
- We are making preorders and custom orders for pickup/delivery Tuesday through Sunday. You can place a preorder or custom order any time by emailing is at orders@angelcakesSF.com - We like to have 7 days notice, sometimes we can accomodate orders on shorter notice, but not always.
- We still have an online store! If you would like to order some of our premade items, you can do that here! The Square online store system isn't that robust yet, but they are adding features and making it easier to use all the time. We'll be adding some pre-paid holiday gift boxes for December.
- We are making pies for the holidays! You can preorder here for pickup or delivery for Nov 25 or 26. Flavors are: Pecan Bourbon, Cheesecake, Pumpkin Spice, and GF Pecan, $30 each.
- We are on Caviar! Caviar is the only food delivery service that we work with. You can order delivery here. we will be adding Grubhub soon.
- We have new Gift Cards! You can order electronic gift cards here. We will have fancy physical ones in the store soon.
- We now have a fridge in our lobby for self-serve items like cheesecake bars, pecan bars, cupcake jars, GF macarons, and drinks! It's very cute and retro-looking, it totallly fits.
I think that's it for now - and that's a lot of stuff! Although this time has been really intense, we've gotten so much support from you all that it has really buoyed our spirits this last little while. We would litterally not be here without you.
Stay safe, stay masked, keep loving each other.
Jen & Angel Cakes