Angel Cakes is an Oakland-based cupcake shop serving San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, and neighboring areas. Angel Cakes is a small-batch bakery and we're here to create the perfect flavor and design combination for your event - from intimate birthday parties to weddings, baby showers, nonprofit fundraisers, and corporate galas. You can also stop in during our retail hours for a last minute treat.
Many of our flavors are based on local, seasonal ingredients like fruit, herbs, or spices. We use Guittard cocoa, organic flour, and many of our other ingredients are locally sourced or organic. Our cupcakes are made fresh for your event.
We've delivered cupcakes to corporations and nonprofits such as: Greenpeace USA, Friends of the Earth, Annie's Organic, Electronic Frontier Foundation, Grocery Outlet corporate office, SoleSpace, Symantec, Clif Bar, Yosemite Conservancy, 350.org, Movement Strategy Center, Give Something Back, East Bay MUD, Boudin, The Ruckus Society, Robasciotti & Associates, The Educators Institute, smartMeme, Mother Jones, Tiny Prints, the Center for Media Justice, Design Action, the Oakland Athletics corporate office, Pixar, Clorox, Pandora, One PacficCoast Foundation, and Mission Control.
We've donated cupcakes to support organizations like GROW Oakland Farm, Delancy Street, Amazon Watch, the Bay Area Girls Rock Camp, Mandela Marketplace, Harbor House, Berkeley Playhouse, Iraq Veterans Against the War, Ella Baker Center, Justice Now, About Face, Critical Resistance, Just Cause Causa Justa, the East Bay Meditation Center, Walk Oakland Bike Oakland, and the East Bay Vegan Bakesale.
Jen Angel created Angel Cakes in 2008, and our retail shop opened on 5th Street in Oakland in March 2016. Jen learned practically everything she knows from her mom, Pat, not the least of which is a love of good food. For Jen, desserts are a creative outlet because although taste is of the utmost importance, design is a close second. She writes the Angel Cakes blog, and you can learn more about Jen by reading her personal blog. Her favorite flavors are chocolate peanut butter and really, whatever fruit is in season. Email Jen.
Your cupcakes are made by Jen, Makana, Laura, Sarolta, and Ramona.
In the News
Just a few of the mentions of Angel Cakes and our cupcakes:
- Hoodline: 4 Top Spots for Cupcakes in Oakland
- Oakland Momma: An Angel Descends on Oakland's GIngerbread House
- Inside Bay Area: Oakland: New life for quirky Gingerbread House building
- KTVU: New Bakery Opens in Oakland (video)
- Bay Area News Group/Eat•Drink•Play: TJ’s Gingerbread House gives rise to Angel Cakes
- EaterSF: Oakland's Gingerbread House Born Again as Angel Cakes, a Cupcake Shop
- SF Gate's Inside Scoop: Angel Cakes: Cupcake shop rises in former Gingerbread House in Oakland
- SF Gate: First United in Skepticism, and then in Matrimony
- A Practical Wedding: What Happens When You Marry Everyone You Know
- Mashable: World's Politest Protest Slams Pinterest for Using 'Dirty' Amazon
- Style Me Pretty: Sonoma Wedding at Beltane Ranch
- Rock N' Roll Bride: Retro Christmas Wedding
- Ruffled: Vintage Carnival Wedding
The Angel Cakes logo and print materials were designed by John Yates / Stealworks. This site was designed and built by Derek Hogue / Amphibian. Photo of Jen on this page is by Emily Gutman, all other photos by Jen Angel unless noted.